Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Tooth Update



You might want to play Intermission Riff as background music to this. #18 molar removed last Wednesday. Took a Vicodan when I got home and another upon waking in the middle of the night. After that only Tylenol as needed. And it's still as needed almost a week later. It's not such pain but just a nagging soreness that is too close to my brain and my eye nerves and makes me feel like I am suffering from Neuralgia, a term I associate with my mother. One of her words. Don't ask.
It doesn't take much for my serenity to degrade into a common Melanie Kleinish depression, an Aginbite of Inwit with residue of Impending Doom. Ah, Residue. I remember you, my lovely.

I remember sleeping on your couch and having to pee and holding it in all night, unable to sleep but afraid of waking you in your princess bedroom and finally giving in and tiptoeing past your open door to the john and peeing and then letting myself out into the Upper West Side dawn. The night you became a Goddess.

 
Now I'm wondering about Egon Shiele and did he influence Freud. Why am I worried? Don't I think that someone has figured it all out by now? I mean, all!

Reality Boxes. Tony Bennett is a terrible painter. Sinatra wasn't much better. Bob Dylan does knock-offs of snapshots with a Magic Lantern. Ingo Swann, as a painter? Well, not part of the Modernist canon. Sam Butera did it right. One hit song and a string of hits with Louis Prima. I must be having a Tylenol buzz.

Update on the Update:  9/17/19
Just came back from the Oral Surgeon where the lady of the house, Mrs. K., had a badly abscessed tooth removed. She had to be put unconscious, for which we were both grateful. I dropped her off at  home and went to Pollo Tropical and got myself a barbeque sandwich and for her a bowl of Carribean Chicken Soup which I pulverized in the blender for three seconds and she slurped it up from a Chinese bowl and was happy.


   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why You Can't Find This Blog!

 Well, I mean if you are reading this I guess you found it, but truth is, it's not that easy to find, because if Google does list it, it...