Search This Blog

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Introduction.


 

I'm calling this Blog 'Prohaska & Me' for the following reason or reasons.....For one, it could refer either to my persona and my other selves, or to me and my relationship to my father, which was and is interesting to me, or to my interest in the name itself which comes from it having been seen as weird and different by my peers, in my growing up years.

My name is Tony Prohaska.  Yes, there are more than one of us in cyber-space. The one you are most likely to confuse me with is the one in Topeka, Kansas who works for Hallmark Cards. So I'll distinguish myself by giving a few buzz-word type references: 

 
Amagansett:  That's the village I grew up in.  
 
Horses:  I like horses. [And, lately, I've also become inordinately fond of Donkeys and Mules.] 
 
Artist:  My father and mother were artists; see  Rayprohaska.com.  and I've had a lifetime fascination with artists and what makes them tick.  
My Age: seventy.  Born December 28th, 1942. as of; see to the right, below Post Settings.   [allow for age of post.]
 
Personality type.  Eccentric.

 
....Ah, now we're getting someplace. Why am I eccentric? I would say the number one reason for that is that I am narcissistic. I believe that is both a genetic and a transactional family process. Also it may have something to do with the fact that I don't have any children.

That leads to a related fact about my exalted self which is that I am a recovering alcoholic. I am assuming that it's O.K. to discuss something like that in this forum and if I'm wrong I stand ready and willing to be corrected. I've been sober 39 years, as of this past spring. [see; Post Settings] 

The other thing that is eccentric about me is that I consider myself, to some degree which I've never really pinned down, an artist. My intellectual curiosity has always led me toward learning about what makes the creative mind tick. While I have variously considered myself blocked, depressed, deprived, disoriented, transcendent, too good for all of you, not good enough, and failed; ...the failed criticism, or the Manque business, is the one I'm most touchy about, so please don't mention it unless you intend to be extremely gentle; like a gorgeous nurse with a maternal voice, snapping on a rubber glove and saying "I promise this won't hurt."
Is that a little obscene? Oh God, please forgive me! I forgot to mention. I'm also a spiritual person. Yes. It's true. At the moment my spiritual practice is connected to a horse that I'm riding for a short half-hour lesson once a week. It's kind of mind-body work. Not kidding here.

I guess that's it for my first e-blogger post. Over and out.
 
  

































No comments:

Post a Comment

Incomplete Essay Concerning Psychosomatic Brain Function

    In the course of trying to educate myself about psycho-somatic medicine for the further understanding of my already discussed rip-roarin...