Search This Blog

Sunday, December 24, 2017

What am I Reading?



12/24/2017
Well I've been re-reading Robert Anton Wilson's Quantum Psychology and his Prometheus Rising.  Really kind of Intellectual candy, from my perspective. Even though he comes down on the Wrong side, politically. Anyway, he's dead, I think, so I'm not hurting his feelings.

Also, a translation of Mayakovsky poems entitled Backbone Flute.....and The World of Yesterday, by Stefan Zweig..., Introducing Logic, a Graphic Guide, by Cryan, Shatil and Mayblin;  Saint-Exupery, by Stacy Schiff....The Book of Mules, by Donna Campbell Smith;  Algebra for The Terrified, by Kenneth Williams, (and also by Kenneth Williams, his How to Really Calculate in Your Head, which improved my calculating ability so much I can hardly believe it and for which I am grateful to Mr. Williams), and a few other things that are either too quirky or too low-brow to admit to, since I'm so vain. (I suppose everything I read or do could be thought of as quirky and low-brow, but that's for another discussion..)


Also, in recent history I've read several books by Libbie Hawker, including Mercer Girls, Tidewater, and Baptism for the Dead.  Hawker is someone I discovered while trying to veer away from the NY literary Mafia.
Oh, and The Bohemians, by Ben Tarnoff, a nice book.

To Be Continued:...............

No comments:

Post a Comment

Incomplete Essay Concerning Psychosomatic Brain Function

    In the course of trying to educate myself about psycho-somatic medicine for the further understanding of my already discussed rip-roarin...